Are you a good candidate for Laser Eye Surgery? Maybe yes. Maybe no. Sometimes two patients can have identical prescriptions and yet one is a perfect candidate for laser vision correction and the other is not. That’s where our doctors come in. We are your community and family eye doctors, and your satisfied outcome is our only consideration.
All Philadelphia area Vision Source doctors are educated in all aspects of laser vision correction. We participate in training programs to keep our skills sharp. If you choose laser eye surgery, you will find that our offices are part of a team that works alongside the top laser surgeons in Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia.
Our Philadelphia area Vision Source doctors will:
- give you the information you need to help you make your laser surgery decision.
- perform pre-surgical testing to determine if you are a good candidate for laser eye surgery.
- counsel patients who presently wear contact lens wearers as to the changes in wearing schedule and type of lens they will need to make prior to laser eye surgery.
- help you determine whether to correct both eyes for distance vision or consider monovision eye correction.
- make sure that any problems you may have prior to surgery (dry eyes, ocular allergy, blepharitis) are treated before you have surgery.
- co-manage your care with a top dc area laser eye surgery surgeon. Our office will consult with the laser surgeon as to which procedures are utilized–Lasik, Intralase, Custom Wavefront, PRK and other techniques.
- our eye doctors will prescribe additional lenses for any part of your prescription that can’t be treated by laser.
- our eye doctors will provide after surgery follow up care monitor as well as yearly monitoring at an annual eye exam.
The success of your laser treatment depends on the expertise of your doctors as well the sophistication of laser surgery equipment and maintenance. We want to make sure that you have the greatest degree of safety and the best possible results. Visit our Philadelphia area Vision Sourceeye doctors for a free laser surgery consultation at your next eye examination.